Also available on Youtube.
About This Webinar
Sam Clark, Barracuda Virtual Reactor Product Manager
Scott Fowler, Tecplot 360 Product Manager
This webinar demonstrates how to use Tecplot for Barracuda to analyze bubble characteristics in simulations of fluidized beds. Using results from a bubbling fluidized bed simulation run with Barracuda Virtual Reactor, we highlight several powerful capabilities of Tecplot for Barracuda that allow us to get valuable engineering information such as bubble volume, diameter, and speed. These new capabilities are available in the Tecplot for Barracuda version included with Barracuda 21.0.1.
Specific features of Tecplot for Barracuda covered include Extract Blanked Zones, Extract Connected Regions, and Perform Integration. We demonstrate how to use these features directly within the Tecplot for Barracuda GUI, and also how to automate the process with PyTecplot.
The full agenda includes:
- Introduction to Tecplot, Inc.
- Introduction to CPFD Software and Barracuda Virtual Reactor
- Introduction to gas-particle fluidized bed systems
- How bubble characteristics are measured experimentally
- How bubble characteristics can be extracted from simulation results
- How to extract bubble characteristics in the Tecplot for Barracuda GUI (Extract Blanked Zones, Extract Connected Regions, Perform Integration)
- How to automate and extend the process with PyTecplot
Scott demonstrated the use of a Tecplot macro and a PyTecplot script during the webinar. These files are available for download using the button below.