Seeing is believing, and training is the best way to see for yourself whether Barracuda Virtual Reactor is right for your specific applications. Introductory training classes are offered regularly through both in-person or web-based formats, while advanced training is typically personalized for individual clients through our technology transfer programs.
What's unique about CPFD's training classes?
- Training is conducted by experienced staff who use the technology every day, not separate training staff
- Significant time can be allocated for you to work on your own, real-world project during the class
- Our engineers provide optional private consultation throughout the class via individual, break-out sessions
- Content is structured so those with considerable CFD experience, and those with no modeling background, can both benefit
- Class sizes are intentionally small, to maximize one-on-one interactions
- The training experience can continue beyond class completion, through our QuickStart and other technology transfer programs
- Classes are open to customers prior to licensing and can be combined with short-term licensing models so you can “try before you buy”
- Private classes can be scheduled upon request and customized for your organization
Who attends CPFD’s training classes?
Training isn’t just for new software users. Many of our clients use CPFD’s training classes to onboard new staff, to educate those who collaborate with their in-house CFD teams, to get more out of service engagements, or to cross-train other engineers as part of their business continuity strategies. Some join for the whole class, while others attend only select sessions. Here’s who should consider registering for an upcoming class:
- Those considering Barracuda Virtual Reactor’s capabilities
- New licensing clients
- Services clients, especially during mid- or final-project review meetings
- New hires who might use Barracuda or interact with the user group
- Other engineers at client companies
- Long-time users who want a refresher on newer features or desire 1:1 consulting
- Engineering managers
- Students or interns affiliated with your organization
Where can I learn more about training?
Additional information about training classes can be found in the following locations:
- Visit our Events Calendar to find a schedule of upcoming classes
- Contact us to talk through your unique training needs and reserve your spot in our next class
Talk to us about training
Technology Transfer Programs
We recognize that not everyone is a CFD expert. Getting started with advanced technology doesn’t have to slow progress on your many important tasks, and CPFD’s technology transfer programs are designed to maximize your productivity from day one. Our QuickStart programs are exclusively available to new software licensing clients while our general technology transfer options are available for all.
QuickStart Programs for New Clients
You are the expert on your organization’s unique technology while CPFD’s engineers know Barracuda Virtual Reactor. Through CPFD’s QuickStart program, we partner together to maximize your productivity and efficiency from day one. QuickStart combines the following:
- Barracuda Virtual Reactor training
- Custom collaboration on your first project
- Additional software licenses during your initial license term at no additional cost
The idea behind QuickStart is to have you understand what’s happening inside your system as fast as possible while providing you with the bandwidth you need to quickly explore broad alternatives. Whether that means we simply set up your first model, or collaborate more broadly on multiple projects, QuickStart can be customized to meet your needs. Contact us for additional conditions and details
General Technology Transfer Options for All Clients
While QuickStart is specifically designed for new software licensees, CPFD’s general technology transfer programs can be customized for any client. Whether you need additional bandwidth on a rush project or want to take advantage of CPFD’s expertise with the latest modeling capabilities, we are here to help. Contact us to discuss how we can best meet your needs by combining services and licensing on a per-project or on-demand basis.
Let’s get in touch!
Dr. Kit Windows-Yule provides his testimonial on his team’s training experience during the CPFD Software Web-based training, and initial experience applying Barracuda Virtual Reactor for advanced recycling / chemical recycling…
Veronica Zimmerman PEng from NOVA Chemicals provides details regarding her experience during the November 2019 CPFD Introduction to Barracuda Virtual Reactor Training class and applicability to polyethylene and other petrochemicals reactor…
Rafael Arturo Rubio Ruiz shares his team’s training experience during the CPFD Software web-based training, and initial experience applying Barracuda Virtual Reactor for the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. Rafael…
I was surprised… how easy [Barracuda Virtual Reactor Software] was to learn to use. Damien Grévain, Fluid Dyanamics Specialist
The software support has been excellent… We have taken full advantage of the QuickStart programs… and the experience has been very positive. Dr. Avinash SirdeshpandeDirector, Gasification and Syngas Processing
While presenting at the Barracuda Virtual Reactor Users’ Conference in 2015, Bruce Adkins shared how KiOR began working with CPFD Software, and how pleased he was with the partnership. Bruce…