- This event has passed.
NETL Multiphase Flow Science Workshop: Virtual – August 1-3, 2023
CPFD Software’s CTO James Parker will be presenting on “Revisiting Wen and Yu: An empirical drag model based on the foundational data sets of fluidizations”
You are cordially invited to participate in the U.S. Department of Energy, National Energy Technology Laboratory’s (NETL) 2023 Virtual Workshop on Multiphase Flow Science. This year’s workshop will take place as an on-line, virtual meeting, at no cost Tuesday, August 1 and Wednesday, August 2, 2023.
This event brings together international leaders from industry, academia and government laboratories working in multiphase flow sciences to discuss current research projects and future research and development needs. For these meetings, multiphase flow science refers to gas-solid, liquid-solid, gas-liquid, and gas-solid-liquid multiphase flows. Industrial presenters are encouraged to attend and to share their experiences and specific applications to help researchers better understand industry needs and priorities. Please reference https://mfix.netl.doe.gov/workshops/ for proceedings from past workshops.
The conference will cover topics in:
• Fundamental research in multiphase flows
• Advancements in CFD model development for multiphase flows
• Application of multiphase CFD to industrial systems such as carbon capture, renewable
energy, gasification, combustion, chemical and biological processes, etc.
• Novel measurement and experimental techniques in multiphase flows
• Application of uncertainty quantification techniques in multiphase flow simulation
• Optimization and reduced order modeling of multiphase systems
• Machine Learning techniques for application to the study of multiphase flows