CPFD Software Update Regarding Global COVID-19 Pandemic
March 26, 2020 Update: We know many of you are continuing to use Barracuda Virtual Reactor while working remotely. If you have any challenges using your licenses, please contact us. We are here to help.
March 23, 2020 Update: Our physical offices are closed but CPFD Software remains operational at 100% capacity while working remotely. We continue to support our global customer base with priority focus on clients with critical infrastructure operations.
To all of CPFD Software’s customers, partners and friends: The CPFD team has been monitoring the ever-evolving situation related to the global COVID-19 pandemic. As a software and technology company with a global client base and operations in multiple states, we are experienced in a remote workplace environment and remain open for business through these uncertain times.
The safety of our staff, their families, our customers and partners is our primary concern. We are pleased to share that there have been no suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 among any of our team members or in any of our office buildings. This is good news, and we are working diligently to help everyone stay healthy and protected. Nevertheless, we want you to be aware of some changes we have implemented and contingencies we have in place.
All of our offices remain open but most of the CPFD team are working remotely to minimize risk of infection/transmission. We are encouraging web meetings and teleconferences in lieu of in-person meetings, whenever possible.
If you do visit our offices, please be aware of the following:
- The frequency of cleaning and disinfection has been increased at all office locations.
- Visitors may be subject to a temperature check and questionnaire before granted entry to the building.
- Social distancing is encouraged. As such, please understand if we smile and wave, rather than shake your hand.
We have paused all our international business travel and conference participation until further notice. While domestic travel remains a possibility, we believe many essential tasks can be done remotely and, as such, are offering training through a series of web meetings.
With these protections in place we are confident in our ability to continue to serve your business needs until the current crisis passes. In fact, several initiatives undertaken recently have enabled our business continuity plan. These include:
- locating critical computational resources at a remote data center, to ensure 24/7 uptime regardless of any building access restrictions;
- multiple internal and external network security audits;
- maintaining a suite of remote collocation tools (GoToMeeting, Webex, Google Hangouts/Meet, etc.);
- upgrading our phone systems to include virtual extensions; and
- hiring a full time IT, Infrastructure and Operations Director
With these measures implemented prior to recent events, we remain open for business and are well positioned to continue to serve our domestic and global clients throughout this challenging situation. We recognize that our customers operate essential infrastructure that run 24 hours, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we may be of any assistance.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this information please give us a call at +1 (713) 429-1252, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.