Hydrocarbon Processing, the downstream sector’s leading technical publication, has announced CPFD Software’s Barracuda Virtual Reactor as the 2020 winner of its Best Software Technology Award. The awards program honors the downstream energy segment’s leading innovations, as well as outstanding personal contributions to the industry. CPFD Software is grateful to be honored as an HP Awards Winner. The awards cover 15 key categories in the hydrocarbon processing industry. Winners were announced via an online streaming awards ceremony on October 1st, 2020.
”I would like to thank Hydrocarbon Processing for this award and as well I’d like to thank our customers for taking this technology mainstream.” – Rajat Barua, President & CEO, CPFD Software
”It’s exciting to hear the success stories from our clients using Barracuda Virtual Reactor software and services. CPFD’s technology has become the global standard for addressing FCC regenerator issues such as afterburn, emissions, erosion, catalyst circulation, and catalyst losses, and the rapid application expansion to other components of the FCCU (risers, strippers, standpipes, etc.) and deployment for other petrochemical processes is following the same trajectory of success. This recognition by Hydrocarbon Processing’s advisory board is truly an honor.” – Peter Blaser, Vice President, CPFD Software
We’d like to thank all of our customers, partners and staff, as this nomination would not have been possible without your support. We are also grateful to Siemens and Sinopec SRIPT for sponsoring this year’s awards.
More than 100 nominations were submitted from more than a dozen countries. A complete list of the categories and winners includes:
1. Best AR/VR/AI Technology — Mimic Field 3D™, Emerson
2. Best Asset Monitoring Technology — IIoT Plant Asset Management Solution (PAM), Yokogawa
3. Best Catalysts Technology — Fourtune™, BASF
4. Best Digital Twin Technology — Petro-Sim®, Yokogawa
5. Best Health, Safety or Environmental Contribution — Operations Mastery Project, AVEVA
6. Best Instrument Technology — AVEVA Real-Time Crude, AVEVA
7. Best Modeling Technology — Aspen HYSYS, Aspen Technology
8. Best Natural Gas Technology — Rosemount™ Continuous Gas Analyzer, Emerson
9. Best Petrochemical Technology — Sulfur Free detergents for lubricants, Eni
10. Best Process Control/Automation Technology — Bedrock OSA® + Flow, Bedrock Automation
11. Best Process/Plant Optimization Technology — Control of Work, Sphera
12. Best Refining Technology — Indmax FCC Technology, Lummus Technology
13. Best Software Technology — Barracuda Virtual Reactor, CPFD Software
14. Most Promising Engineer — Andrew Becker, Burns and McDonnell
15. Lifetime Achievement — Joe Gentry, Sulzer GTC Technology.
Read the full HP Awards press release below.
CPFD Software accepts ‘Best Software Technology’ Award at the 2020 HP Awards
October 1, 2020 — A global audience of midstream and downstream oil and gas industry professionals gathered Thursday to find out, and celebrate, the winners of the 2020 HP Awards. The awards seek to recognize and honor the hydrocarbon processing industry’s top innovations and innovators.
Honorees received awards in 15 categories—13 encompassing the latest technological advances in the hydrocarbon processing industry and two people awards—from the live-streamed, virtual event. These innovations are enabling refinery, petrochemical and gas processing/LNG operators to optimize their operations and increase safety, efficiency, profitability and sustainability.
In this year’s ‘Best Software Technology’ category, CPFD Software won for its Barracuda Virtual Reactor® technology. The Barracuda Virtual Reactor® is a physics-based engineering software package capable of predicting all fluid, particle solid, thermal and chemically reacting behavior inside a fluidized reactor to maximize its productivity and reliability.
The 2020 HP Awards were generously sponsored by Siemens as the Supporting Sponsor and Sinopec SRIPT as the Registration Sponsor.
Hydrocarbon Processing, the leading oil and gas trade journal for the hydrocarbon processing industry, has a worldwide audience of more than 100,000. Gulf Energy Information has published Hydrocarbon Processing for more than 98 years. Additional information on the HP Awards program can be found at www.HydrocarbonProcessing.com/Awards.
About CPFD, LLC
CPFD Software are experts in fluid-particle simulation, and their product, Barracuda Virtual Reactor, provides particle-fluid dynamics simulation for engineering design and optimization of industrial fluidized systems and components. Virtual Reactor™ simulation solutions are provided worldwide through software licensing, applications support, and engineering services.
Please visit our FCC Resources page for additional information on CPFD’s involvement with Refining applications.