CPFD Software is thrilled to announce that we have joined the Altair Partner Alliance (APA). Within the APA, CPFD Software will offer its Barracuda Virtual Reactor® software tool, a physics-based engineering software package that simulates the three-dimensional, transient, fluid-particle hydrodynamics, heat balance, and chemical reactions in industrial fluidized bed reactors and other fluid-particle systems. APA-enabled Altair customers can now enjoy instant-access to Barracuda Virtual Reactor, expanding Altair’s modeling capabilities and directly complementing their EDEM discrete element method software.
“We are delighted to have CPFD as part of the APA family,” said Zahra Shirzadi, Senior Manager – Altair Partner Alliance.. “Barracuda Virtual Reactor completes Altair‘s product portfolio and our collaboration can lead to new opportunities for both companies.”
“We are delighted to introduce Virtual Reactor alongside the myriad of innovative products available within the APA,” said Rajat Barua, Chief Executive Officer, CPFD Software. “We believe Virtual Reactor will be a valuable asset to all Altair customers, as it will give them particle flow simulation tools and capabilities they may not have had access to before.”
This product is especially useful for Altair customers looking for an effective tool for designing, scaling, operating, optimizing, and troubleshooting fluid-particle systems such as fluidized beds. In addition, Virtual Reactor enables researchers and engineers working with fluid/particle processes to explore a broad range of ideas, reduce physical testing costs, and minimize development risks. And for clients who already operate industrial units, Virtual Reactor allows engineers to determine the root cause of underperformance, reduce the risk of changes through virtual testing, and optimize solutions, all while maximizing reliability, uptime, and regulatory compliance initiatives.
The key benefits and features of Barracuda Virtual Reactor include:
- Discrete Particle Properties: Simulates the full particle size distribution and other discrete properties for each particle (temperature, composition, residence time, history, etc.).
- Powerful, Extensible Post-Processing: Includes Tecplot for Barracuda post-processing as well as raw data output for more detailed analysis or scripting automation.
- Built for Industry: Models transient behavior in industrial scale units, with complex internals and quadrillions of particles, within industrial time constraints.
- Scalable GPU and Multi-GPU Acceleration: Allows one-click parallelization selection at runtime. Get started with CPU processing or accelerate 50x, 100x, or 1000x+ using GPU and multi-GPU systems.
- Coupled Thermal and Multiphase Reactions: Captures the coupled fluid-particle hydrodynamics, heat transfer, and multiphase chemical reactions in fluidized bed reactors and other fluid-particle systems.
Altair is a global leader in computational science and artificial intelligence (AI) that provides software and cloud solutions in simulation, high-performance computing (HPC), data analytics, and AI. Altair enables organizations across all industries to compete more effectively and drive smarter decisions in an increasingly connected world – all while creating a greener, more sustainable future.
For more information, visit https://www.altair.com/.
About CPFD Software
CPFD Software is advancing multiphase simulation and technology. Our flagship product, Barracuda Virtual Reactor®, is a physics-based engineering software package that simulates the three-dimensional, transient, fluid-particle hydrodynamics, heat balance, and chemical reactions in industrial fluidized bed reactors and other fluid-particle systems.
The Virtual Reactor technology can be accessed via software licensing, services, or custom collaborative arrangements.