Barracuda Virtual Reactor®
The latest CPFD breakthrough, Barracuda Virtual Reactor® or Barracuda VR® continues to be the only software of its kind, built exclusively for one single application: Gas-Particle fluidized reactors. The Barracuda VR software package includes all our models and features, and its unique capabilities have been well validated with both large-scale experimental data and with commercial operating reactors across broad industries.
What is Barracuda VR ?
- A physics-based engineering software package capable of predicting all fluid, particulate-solid, thermal and chemically reacting behavior inside a fluidized reactor in order to maximize its productivity and reliability.
What is Barracuda VR’s value to Industry
- To addresse complex, multi-million dollar issues:
- Oil refinery shutdown: $1MM per day
- Reactor emissions control: $20-100 MM per unit
- Elimination of a pilot plant: $150-250MM
How is Barracuda VR used?
- Reactor operations troubleshooting
- Reactor reliability and ‘yield’ improvements
- Reactor scale-up
- Reactor new design or feedstock change-out
- Reactor emissions reductions
What is Barracuda VR’s Technology Scope?
- Industrial-scale units, e.g., 10’s of meters in length-scale
- 3-D physical model, with transient to a steady ‘time-averaged’ solution
- Fluid flow phenomena, fully coupled to,
- Particulate-solids phenomena for all ‘dilute-to-dense’ regimes
- Chemically reacting gaseous and particulate-solid materials
- Post-processing to quickly and clearly develop solutions
- Validated against large-scale experiments and industrial units